Taking Legal Action After A Bicycle Accident
For residents throughout the Greater Washington, D.C., area, biking is a popular recreational sport and an increasingly preferred way to commute to and from work. While the health benefits of biking are often promoted, the safety hazards tend to be downplayed.
Anyone who lives and works in the D.C. metro area knows that traffic congestion is a major problem and, unfortunately, many motorists fail to obey traffic laws and look out for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- What Are The Common Causes Of Accidents Involving Bicycles?
- What Types Of Injuries Do People Sustain In Bicycle Accidents?
At the Law Offices of Steven H. Dorne, we have witnessed the physical and financial devastation that victims of bicycle accidents experience in the wake of being hit by a truck or running into an open car door. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, we are committed to helping you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Why Do Bicycle Accidents Happen?
When you come to our law office for help after a bicycle accident, we take action to reconstruct the accident scene and thoroughly investigate every detail and fact. Factors that must be examined following traffic accidents involving bicycles include:
- Was a driver distracted? – Was the driver of a car or truck talking or texting on a cellphone or otherwise distracted when the accident occurred?
- Were any traffic laws violated? – Did a driver run a red light, speed or make an illegal turn?
- Was a driver under the influence? – Was a driver drunk or had he or she taken any illegal or over-the-counter medications prior to the crash?
- Any bike lane violations? – Was a driver driving in the bike lane, turning into the bike lane or opening a car door into the bike lane?
Fighting To Recover The Compensation You Deserve
For more than 30 years, the attorneys at the Law Offices of Steven H. Dorne have stood up for and by individuals who were injured in car, truck, bicycle and pedestrian accidents. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars in damages for our clients related to physical injuries, lost wages, disability and death.
Call a lawyer at our firm today at 301-637-8078 or 703-722-6446 or contact us online to discuss your bicycle accident claim and to learn more about how we can help. For your convenience, we have offices in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia.